Dosa batter: 4 cups
Green coriander-garlic chutney: 6tbsp
Coconut chutney: 6tbsp
Onions: 1 cup finely chopped
Tomatoes: 1 cup finely chopped
Capsicum: 1/2 cup chopped
Chilli powder: 4tsp
Garam masala: 2tsp
Salt to taste
Butter for cooking: 4tbsp
Coconut chutney, green coriander-garlic chutney or sambhar
• Pour 3/4 cup of the dosa batter on the greased non-stick tava and spread in a circular motion to make a thick uttapam.
• Place 1/2 tbsp of butter in the centre, add 1 and 1/2 tbsp of green garlic chutney, 1 and 1/2 tbsp of coconut chutney, mix well and smear evenly over the uttapam using a spatula.
• Spread 1/4 cup of onions, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, 2 tbsp of capsicum, 1 tsp of chilli powder, 1/2 tsp of garam masala and salt evenly over the uttapam and press it lightly, using a spatula.
• Pour 1/4 cup of batter over the vegetables, spread it evenly using spatula to make a thin layer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
• Smear another 1/2 tbsp of butter evenly over it and cut into 4 equal pieces using the sharp edges of the spatula on the tava.
• Place the pieces on a plate and serve immediately with coconut chutney, green garlic chutney and sambhar.
• Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make three more plates.